The electrical and mechanical fitting shop at Chatterley Whitfield colliery. The building was constructed circa 1940 with subsequent alteration to a mining car repair shop, and latterly as a museum locomotive repair shop. It is of steel frame construction with with single-skin infill panels. The framework is expressed externally as a rectangular grid pattern. When the site ceased production of coal in 1976-77, the buildings at Chatterley Whitfield were utilised by the Coal Board for non-mining activities until March 1989. A mining museum was opened on part of the site in 1979 and closed on 9 August 1993 when the Museum Trust went into voluntary liquidation. Listed Grade II.